top of page

Deep Earthers

Public·12 members
Jayden Wilson
Jayden Wilson

AECOsim Building Designer Installation - Bentley Communities[^3^]

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer V8i 08.11.09.376 (x86 x64): A Comprehensive Review

If you are looking for a software solution that can help you design, analyze, and document any type of building project, you may want to consider Bentley AECOsim Building Designer V8i 08.11.09.376 (x86 x64). This is a powerful and versatile product that integrates multiple disciplines and technologies in a single environment, enabling you to create high-quality and high-performance building models.

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer V8i 08.11.09.376 (x86 x64)

In this article, we will review the key features and benefits of Bentley AECOsim Building Designer, as well as how to install and use it on your computer. We will also share some tips and tricks for optimizing your experience with this software, as well as some resources and support options for further learning.

Key Features and Benefits of Bentley AECOsim Building Designer

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer is a comprehensive software product that covers all aspects of building design and analysis, from conceptual design to construction documentation. It supports architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design disciplines, as well as energy analysis, sustainability assessment, code compliance checking, clash detection, visualization, rendering, and more.

Some of the key features and benefits of Bentley AECOsim Building Designer are:

Integrated multidisciplinary design

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer allows you to create building models that incorporate all the relevant design disciplines in a single environment, using a common data structure and format. This means that you can work on different aspects of the building design simultaneously, without having to switch between different applications or file formats.

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer also supports parametric modeling, which means that you can define relationships between different elements of the building model, such as dimensions, constraints, properties, rules, etc., that automatically update when changes are made. This helps you maintain consistency and accuracy throughout the design process.

Clash detection Clash detection and constructability

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer helps you identify and resolve conflicts between different design disciplines and improve the quality and efficiency of construction. It has a built-in clash detection tool that allows you to run automated or manual checks for spatial, logical, or functional clashes between building elements, such as pipes, ducts, beams, walls, doors, etc. You can also define custom clash rules and tolerances to suit your project requirements.

When a clash is detected, Bentley AECOsim Building Designer provides you with a detailed report that shows the location, type, severity, and status of the clash, as well as the affected elements and their properties. You can also view the clash in 3D or 2D, zoom in or out, isolate or highlight the elements, and add comments or annotations. You can then resolve the clash by modifying the elements, moving them to another layer, or assigning them to another discipline.

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer also helps you improve the constructability of your building model by allowing you to perform various analysis and simulation tasks, such as structural analysis, energy analysis, daylighting analysis, fire and smoke simulation, etc. These tasks help you evaluate the performance, safety, and sustainability of your building design and make informed decisions.

Visualization and rendering

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer enables realistic and interactive visualization of your building model with the Luxology rendering engine. This engine allows you to apply materials, textures, lighting, shadows, reflections, and other effects to your model and create stunning images and animations. You can also use the camera tool to set up different views and perspectives of your model and capture them as snapshots or videos.

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer also supports immersive visualization with virtual reality (VR) devices, such as Oculus Rift or HTC Vive. You can use these devices to explore your building model in a 3D environment and experience it as if you were there. You can also interact with the model using controllers or gestures and make changes on the fly.

Interoperability and collaboration

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer facilitates data exchange and coordination with other software applications and project stakeholders. It supports various file formats and standards, such as DWG, DGN, IFC, PDF, XML, etc., that allow you to import or export data from or to other CAD or BIM applications. You can also use Bentley's ProjectWise platform to manage your project data and documents in a cloud-based environment.

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer also enables collaboration with other project team members using Bentley's i-model technology. An i-model is a lightweight and portable file format that contains all the relevant information of your building model in a compressed form. You can use i-models to share your model with others who may not have Bentley AECOsim Building Designer installed on their computers. They can view, measure, query, mark up, or print your model using Bentley's free i-model viewer applications. How to Install and Use Bentley AECOsim Building Designer

If you are interested in trying or buying Bentley AECOsim Building Designer, you will need to make sure that your computer meets the system requirements and follow the installation steps. You will also need to familiarize yourself with the user interface and the workflow of the software.

System requirements

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 operating systems, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. However, it is recommended that you use a 64-bit system for better performance and stability. The minimum and recommended hardware and software specifications for running Bentley AECOsim Building Designer are as follows:

Component

Minimum

Recommended

Processor

Intel or AMD dual-core processor 2.0 GHz or greater

Intel or AMD quad-core processor 3.0 GHz or greater

Memory

4 GB RAM minimum, 16 GB RAM or more will improve performance

8 GB RAM minimum, 32 GB RAM or more will improve performance

Disk space

9 GB free disk space for installation (includes 5.6 GB download and 3.4 GB installation)

9 GB free disk space for installation (includes 5.6 GB download and 3.4 GB installation)

Graphics card

512 MB of video RAM or higher, OpenGL 3.1 or higher, DirectX 9.0c or higher, Shader Model 3.0 or higher

1 GB of video RAM or higher, OpenGL 3.1 or higher, DirectX 9.0c or higher, Shader Model 4.0 or higher

Display resolution

1024 x 768 pixels or higher

1600 x 1200 pixels or higher (supports larger resolution monitors)

Software prerequisites

- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.6 - Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications core - Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications localized - Microsoft Internet Explorer version 10.0 or later - Microsoft DirectX version 9.0c - Adobe Flash Player version 10 - Adobe Reader version X or later - Oracle Java Runtime Environment version JRE8u51 - Bentley DGN Reader for Windows version 8i - Bentley i-model Composition Server for PDF version V8i - Bentley i-model Optimizer for PDF version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Adobe Acrobat version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Revit version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for SketchUp version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Rhino version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for AutoCAD version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for MicroStation version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Navisworks version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Tekla Structures version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk Revit MEP version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk Revit Structure version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk Revit Architecture version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk Inventor version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Civil3D version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Map3D version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Plant3D version V8i

- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.6 - Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications core - Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications localized - Microsoft Internet Explorer version 10.0 or later - Microsoft DirectX version 9.0c - Adobe Flash Player version 10 - Adobe Reader version X or later - Oracle Java Runtime Environment version JRE8u51 - Bentley DGN Reader for Windows version 8i - Bentley i-model Composition Server for PDF version V8i - Bentley i-model Optimizer for PDF version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Adobe Acrobat version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Revit version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for SketchUp version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Rhino version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for AutoCAD version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for MicroStation version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Navisworks version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Tekla Structures version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk Revit MEP version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk Revit Structure version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk Revit Architecture version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk Inventor version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Civil3D version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Map3D version V8i - Bentley i-model Plugin for Autodesk AutoCAD Plant3D version V8i

You can check the compatibility of your system with Bentley AECOsim Building Designer using the System Requirements tool, which is available on the Bentley website.

Installation steps

To install Bentley AECOsim Building Designer on your computer, you will need to follow these steps:

• Download the installation file from the Bentley website or from the link provided by your vendor. The file name is Bentley_AECOsim_Building_Designer_V8i_08.11.09.376.exe and the file size is about 5.6 GB.

• Run the installation file as an administrator and follow the instructions on the screen. You will need to accept the license agreement, choose the installation location, and select the components and features you want to install.

• Wait for the installation to complete. This may take several minutes depending on your system configuration and internet speed.

• Activate your product using the activation key provided by your vendor or by logging in to your Bentley account. You can also use a trial license if you want to evaluate the product before buying it.

• Launch Bentley AECOsim Building Designer from the Start menu or from the desktop shortcut. You will see a welcome screen that gives you access to various options, such as creating a new project, opening an existing project, browsing sample projects, accessing online help, etc.

User interface

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer has a user-friendly and intuitive user interface that consists of several components and tools that help you create and manage your building model. Some of the main components and tools are:

• The menu bar at the top of the screen that contains various menus, such as File, Edit, View, Tools, etc., that give you access to different commands and functions.

• The toolbars below the menu bar that contain various icons that represent different tools and actions, such as drawing, editing, measuring, analyzing, etc. You can customize the toolbars by adding or removing icons, docking or floating them, or changing their size and orientation.

• The status bar at the bottom of the screen that displays various information and messages about your model and your actions, such as coordinates, units, modes, prompts, warnings, errors, etc.

• The workspace in the center of the screen that displays your building model in 2D or 3D views. You can use various tools and commands to create, modify, select, manipulate, and visualize your model elements in the workspace.

• The navigation tools on the right side of the workspace that help you navigate and orient your model in different ways, such as zooming, panning, rotating, tilting, walking, flying, etc. You can also use keyboard shortcuts or mouse gestures to perform these actions.

• The task navigation on the left side of the workspace that helps you access different tasks and workflows related to your building design and analysis. You can use this tool to switch between different disciplines and modes, such as architectural design mode, structural design mode, mechanical design mode, etc., and access different tools and commands related to each task.

• The project explorer below the task navigation that helps you manage your project data and documents. You can use this tool to organize your project into folders and subfolders, view and edit properties of your model elements, attach references and links to external files or sources, etc.

• The properties dialog below the project explorer that helps you view and edit properties of selected model elements or settings. You can use this tool to modify parameters such as name, description, [user]( color, material, geometry, etc., of your model elements or settings.

• The dialog launcher at the bottom right corner of the properties dialog that helps you access more options and settings related to the selected model element or setting. You can use this tool to open additional dialogs or windows that provide more details and functions for your model element or setting.

• The tool settings below the dialog launcher that helps you adjust the settings and options of the active tool or command. You can use this tool to change parameters such as mode, method, snap, lock, etc., of the active tool or command.

You can customize the user interface of Bentley AECOsim Building Designer by changing the layout, size, position, color, font, etc., of the various components and tools. You can also save and load different user interface configurations for different tasks and preferences.

Workflow overview

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer has a flexible and adaptable workflow that allows you to create, modify, analyze, and document your building model in different ways and sequences. However, a general workflow overview for using Bentley AECOsim Building Designer is as follows:

• Create a new project or open an existing project in Bentley AECOsim Building Designer. You can also import or reference data from other sources, such as CAD or BIM files, GIS data, point clouds, etc.

• Select the appropriate task and mode for your building design and analysis. For example, you can choose architectural design mode, structural design mode, mechanical design mode, etc., depending on your discipline and objective.

• Create your building model using various tools and commands in Bentley AECOsim Building Designer. You can use drawing tools to create basic shapes and forms, such as lines, arcs, circles, polygons, etc. You can use modeling tools to create complex shapes and forms, such as extrusions, revolutions, sweeps, lofts, etc. You can use editing tools to modify your model elements, such as move, copy, rotate, scale, trim, extend, etc. You can use parametric tools to define relationships and constraints between your model elements, such as dimensions, formulas, variables, rules, etc. You can also use library tools to insert predefined or custom components into your model, such as doors, windows, furniture, fixtures, etc. You can also use annotation tools to add text, dimensions, symbols, notes, etc., to your model.

• Analyze your building model using various tools and commands in Bentley AECOsim Building Designer. You can use analysis tools to perform different types of analysis and simulation on your model, such as structural analysis, energy analysis, daylighting analysis, fire and smoke simulation, etc. You can also use clash detection tools to check for conflicts and errors between different design disciplines and elements. You can also use code checking tools to verify the compliance of your model with various building codes and standards.

• Visualize your building model using various tools and commands in Bentley AECOsim Building Designer. You can use visualization tools to apply materials, textures, lighting, shadows, reflections, and other effects to your model and create realistic and interactive images and animations. You can also use rendering tools to generate high-quality and photorealistic images and animations of your model using the Luxology rendering engine. You can also use VR tools to explore your model in a 3D environment using VR devices.

• Document your building model using various tools and commands in Bentley AECOsim Building Designer. You can use documentation tools to create different types of documents and reports from your model, such as drawings, schedules, specifications, bills of materials, etc. You can also use printing tools to print or plot your documents or export them to different file formats.

• Share your building model using various tools and commands in Bentley AECOsim Building Designer. You can use collaboration tools to coordinate and communicate with other project team members using Bentley's i-model technology. You can also use interoperability tools to exchange data with other software applications using different file formats and standards.

Tips and Tricks for Optimizing Your Experience with Bentley AECOsim Building Designer

Bentley AECOsim Building Designer is a powerful and versatile software product that can help you create high-quality and high-performance building models. However, to get the most out of this software, you may want to follow some tips and tricks that can help you optimize your experience with it. Some of these tips and tricks are:

Best practices

Some of the best practices for using Bentley AECOsim Building Designer effectively and efficiently are:

• Plan your project before you start modeling. Define the scope, objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, etc., of your project and organize them into a clear and logical structure.

• Use templates and standards to streamline your workflow. Use predefined or custom templates for creating new projects or documents that contain the settings, properties, components, etc., that you need for your project. Use predefined or custom standards for applying consistent styles, formats, rules, etc., to your project elements.

• Use layers and levels to organize your model elements. Use layers to group your model elements by type, discipline, phase, etc., and control their visibility, color, line style, etc. Use levels to define the vertical structure of your building model and assign elevations to your model elements.

Use references and links to manage external data sources. Use refe

About

Welcome to Deep Earth Books Community! Please use this space...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page